January 23, 2009

Block Club January 24, 2009

EDIT: instructions removed. Please contact Michelle or Kathie if you would like them!

From Michelle: Sorry I didn't post the earlier message sooner... here is info on the meeting tomorrow.

From Kathie:

Hi, Evergreen Quilters,

This week has crept up on me! Tomorrow morning (Saturday the 24th) at
10 am we'll meet together for the Evergreen Quilters Block Club. We'll
be in the basement room called the Spirit Play Room instead of the library.

Bring:
> Sharp scissors and pins!
> Show and Tell
> Announcements
> $4 for your ticket to the Dakota County Star Quilters show on Feb.
10th--I've got Jen, Peggy, Kate, Melissa, Michelle, Leah, Georgie, Rose,
and me on my list of those I know who are going. I'll take more names
on Saturday and will phone in our ticket request on Monday. $4 buys the
ticket for the quilt show (100 quilts) and the 7 pm lecture/trunk show
by Lori Allison.
> Round Robin Pizza Boxes to exchange--the final exchange and catch-up time
> Your tessellated pinwheel grid with border attached
> Did I say sharp scissors and pins?!!!!! If you're going to
participate in the lesson on tessellated pinwheels be sure to bring
sharp scissors and pins. Also bring any of the items below that are
easy for you*. We'll share whatever sewing machines, irons, and cutting
boards that show up. Bring yours if it's not a burden. But it's
important to have lots of sharp scissors. You'll want your own. I'll
bring the template plastic.

See you tomorrow. It's going to be very very very cold again, I'm sorry
to say. But we'll be warmed by each other's company and our common project!

Best,
Kathie


Please bring:
* a fabric grid constructed according to the instructions given
* Sharp scissors
* pins
* a quilter's pencil or regular pencil, sharpened
a 12" regular ruler or quilters' ruler (optional, but really helpful if
we have several)
cutting board or tray or cardboard about the size of your fabric grid
(optional)
sewing machine (optional) I'll bring mine (and maybe two). It would
help to have at least one more, probably.
We’ll have an iron and ironing board, and I'll bring my iron and a
pressing sheet .
I’ll bring template plastic and masking tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment