January 27, 2009

Regular Meeting February 10, 2009

Note from Michelle: I hope that if you want to attend that you have already contacted Kathie. I am posting this (a bit late) so that the details and directions are available to us all online. I believe the plan for dinner is to meet at The Black Sheep Cafe. If you click the link and go to their web site, you can get directions and look at their menu. Be aware that they serve a selection of the dishes each day, not all of them. Last year I had a mushroom brie soup that I still wish I had a recipe for!

Now - here is Kathie's message:

Hi, Evergreen Quilters!

At our meeting last Tuesday, the fifteen of us who were there decided we'd have an outing for our February meeting. Here are the details: The Dakota County Star Quilters has their annual meeting with a speaker on the second Tuesday (Feb. 10th) at 7 pm and a quilt show of 100+ quilts. Speaker Lori Allison, a Minnetonka quilter, long-arm quilter, teacher, and pattern designer, will do a trunk show along with her talk. (See their web site at www.dakotacountystarquilters.org, click on "Quilt Show Information" or on the button within the paragraph about the upcoming Quilt show and annual meeting).

For the past couple of years several of us have attended this meeting and have seen the show--and both have been great! It's a great booster when spirits lag in mid-winter. The quilts are top notch and the talk has always been good.

So, who wants to go this year? Tickets for the Feb. 10th 7 pm meeting are $4 ($3 of that is a donation to the Historical Society Museum). I'll order tickets for anyone who wants to go. Just e-mail me this week to say "YES!" You can pay me for your ticket when I see you next.
Directions for getting there are easy or people might want to carpool: Dakota County Historical Society Museum: 130 3rd Avenue North, South St. Paul. Museum phone number: 651-552-7548. Take I-94 to Concord Street. Go north on Concord Street to Grand Avenue (the stoplight by Burger King). Turn left on Grand Avenue, go up the hill and turn to the left on 3rd Avenue. The Dakota County Historical Society Museum is on the left across the street from the South St. Paul City Hall.

Some have met beforehand for a light supper at a nearby restaurant. We'll be talking more about that closer to Feb. 10th.

Meanwhile, please e-mail me as soon as possible if you want me to buy you a ticket @ $4 for the event.

Best wishes,
Kathie

No comments:

Post a Comment